Wednesday, August 30, 2017

2 Powerful Earthquakes Woke Me Up Today

I usually take a break from working at around midnight.

That's when I fall asleep on my Lazy Boy.

I don't go to sleep immediately though. I read an eBook or two until I pass out.

Last night I fell asleep around 10PM instead of around midnight because I had a really heavy workload which I started working on at around 5AM of September 30th.

At around midnight, my cat was acting all crazy, scratching at the front door and then running towards the other door located near the kitchen sink. She was yowling the entire time which was a bit irritating since her loud sounds would bounce off the walls.

And that's when I first felt it.

At first I thought it was just vertigo from waking up but it was strong enough to be noticeable. The dogs outside were either barking or howling. Mine were whimpering.

So I grabbed the cat and went outside. Just in case the house I'm currently living in isn't strong enough to withstand that level of ground shaking.

It lasted for a few seconds I reckon. I didn't notice it anymore when I got out of the house.

"That was scary" I thought to myself.

It was the first time I experienced an Earthquake as strong as that.

I may have experienced more powerful ones but didn't really notice it because I was either busy or aboard a moving vehicle.

When things seemed to subside, I went back inside with the cat in hand.

I went back to work and tried to find out more about the Earthquake. There was nothing on the news yet.

A few minutes later, Ocean (the cat) started scratching at the doors again.

This time, I didn't wait for the earthquake to hit.

I grabbed her and we went outside.

And as soon as I was out the door, things started wobbling.

2 earthquakes, within minutes of each other.

The cat was right.

Is this the end of the world as we know it?


*** I just found out that they weren't really that powerful according to PHIVOLCS. They were just magnitude 3.8 and 3.0 respectively. But if that was enough to scare me, I wonder how people who've experienced magnitude 5.0 and above felt.***

No comments:

Post a Comment